To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Friday 12 April 2019

This is spinal tap




This is actually intrathecal methotrexate which really makes me appreciate local anaesthetic as once that small sting has been administered then the actual needle going into my spine doesn't hurt. Lots of it feels very... VERY uncomfortable but not quite pain... except when he hit a nerve and Wow! That hurt! It felt like what I imagine a Taser to feel like in my upper leg (no-where near the needle!).  Then, as suddenly as it had hit, it stopped, like a very quick burst of electricity.  

The whole process took about 20 minutes and was eased by entonox (gas and air) which they had all ready for me this time.  Thanks to my dad who took the picture who I don’t think even wanted to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment