To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Tuesday 16 April 2019

R-IVAC-M in Toghill : Day 1, retuximab

I was due to have a meeting at 10 am Tuesday to see if I was well enough to come in at some point for the next round of chemo (R-IVAC) but the phone rang at 9 to tell me to come in now anyway to stay the week. I packed everything quickly and moved into room 5 at Toghill. I discussed if I could be free at the weekend to see my girls and they said if I started the chemo immediately then 5 days later would mean I could be free on Sunday after the chemo but before the inevitable drop in neutrophils. I pushed to get started quickly and I’ve had the retuximab (the R of R-IVAC) but didn’t manage any more of it. I hope to get the rest of it done quickly but as always all I can do really is cross my fingers. At least I'm in the right place for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment