To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Wednesday 10 April 2019

Pent Neb

White blood cells are up to 10 so no longer neutropenic which is the main reason they keep me in hospital. Red platelets are still low - normal red blood cells are 100 and over 70 is strong enough for more chemo but mine are 40 so I need to have a few days to recover them and come in on Friday as an outpatient for a check. In the meantime, I’m checked out of the hospital and am a free citizen for a while. They're expecting me to be back to fitness in a week or so I’ll be back on the ward then for the next round of CODOX.

I had a Pent Neb (short for pentamidine nebuliser) today which I thought would be like my nephew’s “puff puff” inhaler but it was an hour in an isolation room breathing first Salbutamol to open the airways and then Pent Neb through an electric version of an inhaler. this is to prevent serious lung infections such as pneumonia. The process wasn't too serious but it took longer than I’d expected. A preposterous bag of medications and I was free of the hospital until I have my spine injected again on Friday as an outpatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment