To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Sunday 2 June 2019

Hospital Food

Further to an earlier post about learning about nutrition, I have taken an online course on the basics of the subject to further my knowledge on how what we put into our bodies makes them work or fail. It seemed a relevant subject to be studying in the bed of a haematology ward. I’ve also spent a lot of time trying to reconcile the hospital food that I’ve been receiving with the health situation of its recipients. Don’t get me wrong, the food is reasonable, the staff are lovely and most of the food is probably what people want and may well eat at home. Its good comfort food. But it isn’t healthy. In fact, from what I think, it seems to be counter-intuitive to the improvement of patient health. I don’t want to rock the boat of those who hold my life in their hands but I felt it was noteworthy. One could argue of course that patients have spent 50 years doing the damage and a month or two of chips isn’t going to make a difference but there must surely be some uneasy consultants / dietitians.

1 comment:

  1. You might have a need for noisy music sometime.

    ReplyDelete