To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Thursday 2 May 2019

No update


Well. I haven’t updated for a while because nothing has changed particularly. Still sleeping most of the time, still in hospital, still feeling physically ok just tired. Last Friday’s reasons for postponing the intrathecal were because my platelet count (and every other blood count) was too low despite giving me 2 pints of platelets at the time. All my counts are still low and starting to rise very slowly. The doctor is at the point of cancelling tomorrows rescheduled IT. Not that I particularly want the spinal injection but I have to at some point and it is an indication that my bloods are well enough to let me out of here. The red blood cells are very low making me very anaemic which makes me very sleepy most of the time and very bad at using muscles. I’m exhausted getting out of bed and need to have a rest for 5 minutes after getting dressed which feels like an exertion. Since the last post, I’ve had 4 blood transfusions and 3 platelet transfusions, I’ll have another platelet either tonight or tomorrow morning or both possibly with another 1 or 2 red blood transfusions.  All of this to make me normal following last week’s chemo. I had believed the next AND FINAL!!! Chemo would be on Monday but at this rate it’ll probably kill me so I'd guess it’ll be postponed. The main thing is to spend time out of hospital with my girls this weekend, there's a big birthday party on Saturday so I’m crossing my fingers that I improve in time for Saturday. I finished my last post with I’m going to sleep. I think I’ll probably do the same this time. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment