To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Friday 3 May 2019

Having a pint on a Friday night - blood that is

Another crazy Friday night on the O positive. This follows a pint of platelets this morning to raise them enough to have an intrathecal methotraxate injection.  This was the one they had to cancel last Friday as all my blood counts were too low. My key date was tomorrow, Saturday when I was hoping to be at a party with them. I just have not recovered well at all, the platelet count was only artificially raised to allow the IT injection and that doesn't affect my neutrophils which allow me out of hospital.  I’ve had so much blood, platelets and injection recently, I cant see how I’m not well enough to leave the hospital. The consultant said its reasonably normal to be this slow (though I recovered in just over a day last time) and he thought id be out at some point over the weekend. I'm still hoping to make it to the party at 11am on Saturday but realistically, its doubtful. I'll find out about 10am. Fingers crossed (there've been a lot of crossing fingers lately!).

No comments:

Post a Comment