To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Monday 1 April 2019

It's the weekend .. and R-CODOX-M

What is strange for me is that I have lost all concept of what day is what. Even the daytime and night time are more of a passive observation from this room. The weekends are quite meaningless usually but this one was different. Chemo was minimal so other than blood test and tablets every morning and as long as I return back to hospital I am free during the day. This was a much needed break from my room and I got to meet up with my old friend Emily for a hot chocolate on the bank of the river in the nature reserve – perfect. Then mother’s day cake with my mum and a lazy, garden centre day.




I hadn’t realised how much I needed a break until I escaped. A bit rejuvenated and hopefully more prepared for Wednesday’s chemo which promises to be side-effective. The consultant say’s I’ll have to flush it out of my system afterwards but may have recovered enough by the weekend when I may be able to see my daughters.


Finger crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment