To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Thursday 14 March 2019

Hyperpigmentation

I seem to have a dark patch colouration on the side of my face which I noticed yesterday. It looks like sun tan but in a small area. Like after a night out and eye makeup is left on and smudged down the side of my head. I left a message with Cath the keyworker to ask what it could be or if it is a known potential problem she said it was probably Hyperpigmentation and would go away after the chemo.

Hyperpigmentation is a common, usually harmless condition in which patches of skin become darker in colour than the normal surrounding skin. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin colour, forms deposits in the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment