To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Friday 10 May 2019

Maybe tomorrow I'll get to visit home.

Today my neutrophils were 0.46, they should be 1 but anything over 0.5 and I can leave. The consultant said if the other bloods looked ok (and they should do), then he’d let me off the 0.04 and let me go tomorrow. Meanwhile my platelets were 11 and should be over 70 but that wouldn’t restrict me from going home. 
I had a platelet transfusion last night and am due a blood transfusion tonight (or was it the other way round) and more blood tests in the morning to see if I can be free.

I have to come in to daycase on Monday for blood tests to see if I am safe and again on Thursday to see if I’m strong enough for the next (AND FINAL) chemo which will start on Monday if my body can handle it!  This unfortunately means I’ll either be on chemo or recovering from it during half term which I was hoping to go out and be entertaining (or at least awake) for my children.  Typical but looking at it over a longer term, it’s only a short blip in our lives and if it’s making me better then I can’t really complain can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment