To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Friday 10 May 2019

Films on Diet and Cancer

I've been watching a few films on diet which include things to protect and cure cancer and avoid the symptoms of chemotherapy. I’m as cynical as the next person but there are some compelling arguments. Fasting and time restricted eating, according to some films, is very helpful in that our cells reduce to conserve energy but the cancer ones don’t shrink so they are a bigger target for the chemo. Also the recovery from chemo is better. There are conflicting opinions as to what I should eat; healthy green veg and fruit and vitamins etc makes sense but I should also be eating fat and energy to fight the chemo which also makes sense, so eat everything then! And fasting as well. It would be confusing if I were choosing, but I’m nearing the end of the NHS route now so other than keep an eye on my diet, I’m leaving it in the hands of the NHS. It’s all very interesting stuff though and chemo does seem to be a very blunt weapon even if it works.

(More info on the films on the links page:
http://sarahslymphoma.blogspot.com/p/links.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment