To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Chemo Lite?

Good news today - my chemo started and took only a few hours and looks like it will be that short each day of it except for 2 days off in the middle. I’ll be living at the hospital but I should be free during the days depending on how I feel and how my blood reacts. This is good news as it will include half term week with my girls who I didn’t think I’d see much of and I’d like to do things with them. I’m not making any plans of course – I’ve learnt not to, but I’m hopeful that I’ll get some quality time, rather than hospital time with my children even if it’s playing in the park or shopping. I’m hopeful but I've been here long enough to know that things don’t always go to plan here.

We’ll see how I react to the drugs of course. the timings may be nice but the chemo could be horrible. Having no previous reaction to the Retuximab though meant that it lasts 1.5 hrs rather than 3hrs. It  makes me drowsy but that isn’t a problem. This was followed by Vincristine for only 8 mins and Cyclophosphamide for half an hour then some exciting injections of suspiciously bright red liquid giving my pee a worrying colour. Flushes and faffing included, the whole thing should take less than 3 hours each day at about 6pm until the 29th May when hopefully it will all end! Hang on... that's a plan. I hope this one works.

No comments:

Post a Comment