To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Sunday 7 April 2019

Personal recalibration needed

I've been underestimating myself.  Whether its the cancer, the chemo or not getting any exercise at all, I’m very unhealthy. I need to recalibrate my limits. Because I feel ok, I think I can do the things I used to be able to do but I’m seriously limited now.  I've just spent an afternoon with my daughters which was great. The doctor had told me I was neutropenic and borderline as to whether I could leave hospital at all. He recommended against it but given this was a rare time with my daughters, I went out, stayed local and avoided germs where possible.  Other than walk and sit in the park, I didn’t do anything but felt exhausted when I got back and slept as soon as they left. Yesterday was similar. I went home and we planted some plants in the garden.  Not serious gardening but again, exhausting.  Its reasonable I guess given that I’m ill but I’m not used to it at all and need to make adjustments. 
I think the same may be true in terms of people.  I’m not used to talking to people and communicating effectively.  This kind of recalibration may be harder to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment