To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Saturday 27 April 2019

Not lovely day continued.

The shivers turned out to be because I had caught a fever and now had temperature of 39. I was asking for blankets to keep me warm and they wouldn’t give me any until my temperature had fallen so I curled up in my coat and single blanket and chattered.  Having a fever meant that I wasn’t well enough to have my blood transfusion which would make me stronger.

Having no neutrophils had made me very susceptible to infection,  to remedy it, they gave me an antibiotic infusion and paracetamol and within an hour I was kicking off the sheets saying how hot I was. Headache slightly subsided but annoyingly still threatening.

By 2am my temperature measurement of 36.9 meant I could go ahead with my 3 hour blood transfusion.  At 6am I hadn’t reacted to the first blood transfusion and had a second one until 9am.
At 10 am I was wheeled on my entire bed to the other end of the hospital (great fun) for a chest x ray. I’ve no idea why but the rollercoaster ride was one of the few things worth staying awake for.

When I returned I slept, then moved to Toghill ward then slept. Someone does something to me (obs, bloods, injection, food etc) on average once an hour but other than that I slept through until my mum arrived at 2 and then I slept through her visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment