To read this blog chronologically you’ll need to click the links in date order "old posts" on the right below the picture. Start with 'Dec 16'.

The most recent posts in this blog are at the top. Just below here.

Tuesday 5 March 2019

R-IVAC in Toghill Ward

IVAC Chemo, Toghill.
I’m in hospital again with a drip for a week. There are various bags of chemicals which take between 15 minutes and 24 hours to be pumped into me through a drip and pump into my PICC line. There are 2 lines so they can pump 2 chemicals at once if necessary. They take blood out daily to check it for various things. They also flush the line in between each procedure.
Toghill is great and has a good reputation, there are individual rooms with en-suite bathrooms and lovely staff. There are 3 small meals a day and televisions that don’t work. They do have free wifi though which is very slow but way better than nothing given that the drip means I cant even leave the room for a week. My sister gave me her Amazon Prime details so I can watch box sets on my laptop (which I bought specifically for my sanity in hospital).

No comments:

Post a Comment